Skip to main content

You really need one of these. Boil over stopper




If you're anything like me, you put a pot of water on to boil, walk away, and—well, you know what happens next.

The other night, while making macaroni, I set a pan of water on the stove and got sidetracked doing the dishes. Before I knew it, the water was boiling over. That’s when I remembered my Koch Blume boil-over stopper and quickly placed it on top. Of course, by the time I turned back around, I was met the stopper doing its job.

I always forget I have these, but I recently scored a sturdier, brand-new set at a thrift store—still in the package! What a great find.

Sorry, I don't have any of these for sale. But get a sturdy one. Reminder when you take the stopper off pan, make sure to drain the liquid on top back into your pan.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freezing Meat and Poultry

 I watched my Momma buy a package of ground beef and divide it up into meal portion. When prices started to raise dramatically, I search the web on the best way yo freeze meat.  This is what I found. Freezer paper and freezer bags. I got these at Target because at the time that was cheapest place to buy them. I have the Redcard that pulls from my checking account and it saves me 5% on everything. But I digress.  I buy ground beef at the best price in bulk and divide into one pound packages ( yes I use my mailing scale). I use a permanent marker on the doubled over top layer to remind my self what I have. It thens put into ziplock bag and zipped closed. I do chicken the same way. I know what I’m making most of the time with the chicken so dividing it up is easy. Please note - be sure you get the meat and chicken as flat as you can, so it thaws easier.  

Using a potato masher on your ground beef. Try it you’ll like it.

 I use ground beef in a lot of my dinners. I try to buy the leanest cut to make it a healthier choice. So when I put the ground beef into skillet to brown it up, I hate sitting with a spatula and chopping meat up, so I let it fry up some and then use my potato masher to separate the ground beef into crumbles. It works better if your ground beef is partially cooked before you start with the masher. But now I’ve got a new non stick pan, I’m on the look out for a plastic one of these masher.  FYI I have been using a masher in my kitchen for 30 years.

Gas Buddy site gives you prices for gas

 So we all know prices suck right now. We have been buying gas at Thornton because as “loyal customers” they send us a message to get 10 cents off. This month they have a promo, buy 5 times in June get a .20 cents off per gallon. One time only.  Then we happened to be at our neighborhood Walmart and noticed the gas price was way cheaper even with a small discount. The picture shows they prices right now. Walmart is 4.17, our Thortons is 4.49.  That savings may not be much but multiply that savings times 4 a month. And that savings adds up. Make sure you are shopping around for gas. Since we shop at Walmart for groceries it is a no brainer to get our gas and groceries at the same time. And no the distance to Walmart to get gas is the same distance to Thornton. Just make sure the distance you are driving make sense.