Skip to main content

Homemade Chicken and Noodles

 


I was blessed in my life to have a beloved Mother in law. We lost her in 2021. And it was a devastating loss. But she taught me a few things about cooking, that I will never forget. She was born and raised in the hills of West Virginia, she was taught at an early age to cook and I mean from scratch. 
One of the things I love the most was her chicken and noodles. She tried for years to teach me to make the noodles from scratch, but I never came close to her recipe. 
But after years f trying I came across these Reames noodle and they are closest I have ever found to the hand made ones. 
I use these regularly. 
Family loves these. Recipe is simple. Boiled chicken. Chunk it up.
Boil the noodles and add chunked up chicken, let them cook to the time on the bag. 
Add potatoes and a can of corn for a labor less meal.


This is from tonight dinner. Enough for hubby’s lunch tomorrow and my lunch as well. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freezing Meat and Poultry

 I watched my Momma buy a package of ground beef and divide it up into meal portion. When prices started to raise dramatically, I search the web on the best way yo freeze meat.  This is what I found. Freezer paper and freezer bags. I got these at Target because at the time that was cheapest place to buy them. I have the Redcard that pulls from my checking account and it saves me 5% on everything. But I digress.  I buy ground beef at the best price in bulk and divide into one pound packages ( yes I use my mailing scale). I use a permanent marker on the doubled over top layer to remind my self what I have. It thens put into ziplock bag and zipped closed. I do chicken the same way. I know what I’m making most of the time with the chicken so dividing it up is easy. Please note - be sure you get the meat and chicken as flat as you can, so it thaws easier.  

Using a potato masher on your ground beef. Try it you’ll like it.

 I use ground beef in a lot of my dinners. I try to buy the leanest cut to make it a healthier choice. So when I put the ground beef into skillet to brown it up, I hate sitting with a spatula and chopping meat up, so I let it fry up some and then use my potato masher to separate the ground beef into crumbles. It works better if your ground beef is partially cooked before you start with the masher. But now I’ve got a new non stick pan, I’m on the look out for a plastic one of these masher.  FYI I have been using a masher in my kitchen for 30 years.

Gas Buddy site gives you prices for gas

 So we all know prices suck right now. We have been buying gas at Thornton because as “loyal customers” they send us a message to get 10 cents off. This month they have a promo, buy 5 times in June get a .20 cents off per gallon. One time only.  Then we happened to be at our neighborhood Walmart and noticed the gas price was way cheaper even with a small discount. The picture shows they prices right now. Walmart is 4.17, our Thortons is 4.49.  That savings may not be much but multiply that savings times 4 a month. And that savings adds up. Make sure you are shopping around for gas. Since we shop at Walmart for groceries it is a no brainer to get our gas and groceries at the same time. And no the distance to Walmart to get gas is the same distance to Thornton. Just make sure the distance you are driving make sense.