Skip to main content

Big savings in small cans. Pizza sauce cheap.

I discover this at the grocery store and it is a game changer.
I normally make pizza once a week , in some form or another. I have been buying Walmart brand great value pizza sauce  for $1.20 for 14 oz and I never , ever use a whole jar and it gets wasted. Now a month or so ago I found this Hunts tomato sauce in an 8 oz can for .60 cents. Whattttttttt. 
Get out of town. I used it instead of the pizza sauce I normally buy and no one in the family has noticed the difference.
Yeah, yeah I could do the same thing by adding the spices my self to tomato sauce. Well that ain’t gonna happen and this is the best alternative. 
But it only works because our family doesn’t a sauce heavy pizza.
It’s all about saving money.


Our favorite form of pizza is made with a roll of canned biscuits, sauce, cheese and pepperoni. An 8 count of biscuit yields 16 pizza cups. I use a muffin pan and make individual pizzas. I got the recipe here off Pinterest.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freezing Meat and Poultry

 I watched my Momma buy a package of ground beef and divide it up into meal portion. When prices started to raise dramatically, I search the web on the best way yo freeze meat.  This is what I found. Freezer paper and freezer bags. I got these at Target because at the time that was cheapest place to buy them. I have the Redcard that pulls from my checking account and it saves me 5% on everything. But I digress.  I buy ground beef at the best price in bulk and divide into one pound packages ( yes I use my mailing scale). I use a permanent marker on the doubled over top layer to remind my self what I have. It thens put into ziplock bag and zipped closed. I do chicken the same way. I know what I’m making most of the time with the chicken so dividing it up is easy. Please note - be sure you get the meat and chicken as flat as you can, so it thaws easier.  

Using a potato masher on your ground beef. Try it you’ll like it.

 I use ground beef in a lot of my dinners. I try to buy the leanest cut to make it a healthier choice. So when I put the ground beef into skillet to brown it up, I hate sitting with a spatula and chopping meat up, so I let it fry up some and then use my potato masher to separate the ground beef into crumbles. It works better if your ground beef is partially cooked before you start with the masher. But now I’ve got a new non stick pan, I’m on the look out for a plastic one of these masher.  FYI I have been using a masher in my kitchen for 30 years.

Gas Buddy site gives you prices for gas

 So we all know prices suck right now. We have been buying gas at Thornton because as “loyal customers” they send us a message to get 10 cents off. This month they have a promo, buy 5 times in June get a .20 cents off per gallon. One time only.  Then we happened to be at our neighborhood Walmart and noticed the gas price was way cheaper even with a small discount. The picture shows they prices right now. Walmart is 4.17, our Thortons is 4.49.  That savings may not be much but multiply that savings times 4 a month. And that savings adds up. Make sure you are shopping around for gas. Since we shop at Walmart for groceries it is a no brainer to get our gas and groceries at the same time. And no the distance to Walmart to get gas is the same distance to Thornton. Just make sure the distance you are driving make sense.